The Doctorate in Business Administration has been designed in order to provide the necessary knowledge and expertise to managers and leaders in the business and industrial sector. The doctorate combines modules in advanced management theory and practice alongside training in the necessary methodologies and techniques to carry out research in business and management. The main aim of our Doctorate of Business Administration is to assist career professionals who wish to enhance, contribute and transform how they work. Start in February 2020!
Secure your place by paying the deposit in full before 30 November 2019 and get up to €2,500 off the tuition fees each year* - find out how to apply here.
*The required deposit for this programme is €2,000. We allow our students to transfer the discounts they receive if they choose to defer for one intake. If you choose to defer for more than one intake, the discounts will be reversed and you will have to pay the current price. The overall fee can increase based upon the current fees of the intake period which you are deferring to.
- The DBA covers essential concepts of business management and research, including management and administrative theories, research and business models and research methods.
- You will learn how to apply management research techniques and concepts to the drafting of a business related thesis. Our unique approach to the DBA involves both experienced academics and senior business professionals to help mentor you through your research.
- Develop problem-solving and decision-making skills, which are vital for successful management in the business sector.
- In the last two years, you will carry out research and prepare a dissertation on a relevant topic of your choice.
- All students will have the option to learn German.
The Doctorate in Business Administration has been designed in order to provide the necessary knowledge and expertise to managers and leaders of the business and industrial sector.
The doctorate combines taught modules in advanced management theory and practice along with training in the necessary methodologies and techniques to carry out doctoral research in business and management. The main aim of our Doctorate of Business Administration is to assist career professionals who wish to enhance, contribute and transform how they work.
Attending this prestigious course will give your academic and professional aspirations a huge boost at the top level.
In addition, BSBI’s blended study mode means that you will have the flexibility to fit the course around your schedule, including work and family responsibilities.
Price: €15,000* (per year)
*Partial scholarships are available.
The modules of the DBA are offered via the blended learning method. Students will attend the online modules via the Uninettuno University platform and face-to-face at the BSBI campus in Berlin.
During the online modules, students will have the opportunity to attend extracurricular face-to-face seminars. Also, they will be able to access the online version of the modules they will attend on campus. This way, a holistic approach is achieved.
- Introduction to Doctoral Studies
- Change and Management
- People in Organisations (blended)
- Innovation and Creativity (blended)
- Strategy in Business (blended)
- Knowledge Development and Management Complexity
- Communication and Decision-making
- Research stage with supervision (blended)
- Thesis (preparation and submission, blended)
Graduates will be able to:
- Conduct primary and secondary research in order to understand and develop evidence-based practice;
- Analyse contemporary approaches to management research and develop a strategic approach to research design;
- Describe and critique concepts of project appraisal, and design a framework for monitoring and evaluating a project or program;
- Describe and critique current concepts, models and theories of quality assurance in business research;
- Demonstrate an understanding of theories and practices which underpin effective, efficient and equitable management policies and practices;
- Possess conceptual understanding of management and leadership thinking that enables students to reflect on and evaluate critically both current research and its application to the practice of leadership in a business context;
- Improve the understanding of management and leadership at the business workplace by research-informed teaching into practice.
- Delivery: Blended (on campus and online)
- Duration: 4 years (possibility for direct entry in year 3)
- Intakes: February 2020 | October 2020
- Campus: Berlin
- Degree awarded by Università Telematica Internazionale UNINETTUNO.
As DBA is not an official Italian title, it is offered in the form of a high calibre professional qualification.
- Price: €15,000 per annum (international and EU students)*
*Partial scholarships are available.
· A bachelor’s degree from a recognised Institution in a business related discipline;
· A master’s degree or a Level 7 postgraduate qualification, or an MBA from a recognised Institution.
Applicants with degrees in other disciplines and applicants with no bachelor’s or master’s degree, but with other academic qualifications and significant professional experience at executive level are also welcome to apply. Their acceptance might be subject to successful sitting to an entrance test and an interview.
· Research Proposal: applicants will also have to submit a detailed research proposal which will include: research topic rationale, aims and objectives, primary and secondary research questions, methodology, research structure and design, initial literature review.
English Language requirements
• IELTS – minimum score of 7.0 (minimum 6.0 in each component);
• PTE – minimum score of 65 or equivalent.
English proficiency requirements can be waived for:*
• Native English speakers;
• Applicants who completed their education in English (such as a High School diploma or IB);
• Applicants who completed their undergraduate degree in English in an English-speaking country.
*According to the Università Telematica Internazionale UNINETTUNO admission criteria.
You can apply now to study with BSBI! It’s quick and easy, here’s how it works:
- Create an account here: apply.berlinsbi.com;
- Select the programme and intake you want to apply for;
- Complete all sections of the online application;
- Submit online application;
- Our admissions team will liaise with you with regards to next steps