Our master’s programmes have been selected by BSBI among many prestigious international programmes offered by Università Telematica Internazionale UNINETTUNO.
The MA in International Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management will help you thrive in the world’s fastest-growing industries, broadening your understanding of the sector and giving you the skills to work in a globalised business environment.
Secure your place by paying the deposit in full before 31 January 2020 and get up to €1,000 off the tuition fees* - find out how to apply here.
*The required deposit for this programme is €2,000. Due to lower tuition fees, students from the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland are entitled to save up to €500 off the tuition fees. We allow our students to transfer the discounts they receive if they choose to defer for one intake. If you choose to defer for more than one intake, the discounts will be reversed and you will have to pay the current price. The overall fee can increase based upon the current fees of the intake period which you are deferring to.
- The course covers essential concepts of management, including business strategy, operations management, project management and leadership across cultures.
- You will learn how to apply management and business concepts to the tourism, hospitality and event industries. As such, you will study business theories and their real-world application.
- Study relevant topics such as tourism and hospitality business strategy, entrepreneurship in tourism and events and hospitality operations management.
- Develop problem-solving and decision-making skills, which are vital for successful management in the sectors.
- In the last semester, you will research and prepare a dissertation on a relevant topic of your choice.
- All students will have the option to learn German.
This master’s degree is tailored to develop management and leadership competencies especially for the tourism, hospitality and event sectors. You will acquire the most relevant and up-to-date skills and know-how to increase your employability and boost your career, enabling you to move on to more senior positions in your field of choice.
In addition, BSBI’s blended study mode means that you will have the flexibility to fit the course around your schedule, including work and family responsibilities.
You will earn an Italian master’s degree with 90 European University Credits (ECTS).
Price*: €11,800 (international students)** | €6,300 (EU students)**
*Partial Scholarships are available.
**This price applies to students from the European Union and the following non-entry visa countries: Andorra, Australia, Canada, South Korea, Brazil, El Salvador, Monaco, New Zealand, Honduras, Israel, San Marino, United States and Japan.
This programme consists of three terms (10 weeks each) and a term of dissertation (12 weeks).
During its first three terms, the MA in Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management will cover key topics such as marketing planning, strategic approaches in tourism and hospitality business, operational management, cross-cultural management, event management and entrepreneurship.
Students will also attend modules on academic research methods, and you will study the German language alongside your master’s degree subjects. On your final term, you will research and prepare a dissertation on a topic of your choice.
The modules of this programme are offered via the blended learning method. Students will attend the online modules via the Uninettuno University platform and face-to-face at the BSBI campus in Berlin.
- Tourism and Hospitality Business Strategy
- Strategic Approach in Marketing Planning for Hospitality (blended)
- Hospitality Operations Management
- Cross-Cultural Management (blended)
- Event Management (Strategic & Contemporary Issues)
- International Project Management
- Entrepreneurship in Tourism and Events
- Business Decision making for Hospitality and Events (blended)
- Leadership Development Programme (in partnership with LSBF Executive Education)
- German Language Studies
- Research Methods and Dissertation
Graduates will be able to:
- Show in-depth knowledge of issues related to managing international tourism, hospitality and event businesses;
- Develop senior management strategic skills;
- Develop original approaches to manage tourism, hospitality and event organisations;
- Understand ethical management in tourism, hospitality and event industries;
- Develop individual learning, communication, time management and team dynamics skills;
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct self-managed research and develop a research methodology;
- Demonstrate the ability to identify an issue, critically assess the material and draw logical conclusions and recommendations.
- Delivery: Blended (on campus and online)*
- Duration: 18 months
- Intakes: February | May | October
- Campus: Berlin, Germany
- Degree awarded by Università Telematica Internazionale UNINETTUNO
- Official Italian title: Master di Primo / Secondo Livello
For more information about the Italian Higher Education System please visit cimea.it/en/
- Price: €11,800 (international students)| €6,300 (EU students)
*The modules of this programme are offered via the blended learning method. Students will attend the online modules via the Uninettuno University platform and face-to-face at the BSBI campus in Berlin.
· Strong undergraduate degree from a recognised university.
· If you do not meet the academic requirements, you may be assessed on relevant work experience. You must have at least 3 years of management experience.
English Language requirements
• IELTS – minimum score of 6.0 (minimum 5.5 in each component);
• PTE – minimum score of 50 or equivalent.
English proficiency requirements can be waived for:*
• Native English speakers;
• Applicants who completed their education in English (such as a High School diploma or IB);
• Applicants who completed their undergraduate degree in English in an English-speaking country.
*According to the Università Telematica Internazionale UNINETTUNO admission criteria.
You can apply now to study with BSBI! It’s quick and easy, here’s how it works:
- Create an account here: apply.berlinsbi.com;
- Select the programme and intake you want to apply for;
- Complete all sections of the online application;
- Submit online application;
- Our admissions team will liaise with you with regards to next steps
FREE Executive Education course
BSBI is pleased to announce a new partnership with London School of Business and Finance Executive Education (LSBF EE). BSBI master’s students will be able to take advantage of this opportunity and take one of LSBF’s EE courses – the Leadership Development Programme.
The five-day course will be offered to BSBI students completely free of charge and is taught by leading academics, giving you an expert insight into becoming an ideal leader.
By the end of the course, you will be armed with essential knowledge on how to inspire and motivate your staff, carving out a leadership style for yourself that will help you get the most out of your team and make your organisation soar.
The course will focus on:
- Defining leadership;
- Improving your management approach;
- Boosting your communication and coaching skills;
- Understanding emotional intelligence;
- Learning how to build trust and loyalty within your organisation.
After completing the MA in Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management, you will be able to apply for a range of managerial roles in relevant organisations around the world. Alternatively, you can pursue a research degree, such as a PhD, in a related area.